Your wedding day is naturally one of the best days of your life. It consists of all of the little (and big) things that represent you as a couple, a day for all of your friends and loved ones to enjoy and one that you’ll remember forever. There are so many aspects that you need to focus on in order to bring it all together though, which is why this can be such a stressful period for brides too. Hiring a wedding planner can make this joyful time a little easier on your nerves. Here are a few reasons why you should consider hiring a professional planner:
1. You’ve never done this before. Chances are you and your fiancé haven’t planned a wedding before. Even if you have, there are always new and exciting trends, venues, and vendors popping up so it’s never the same. Some brides feel that they can plan their own weddings because they’ve helped a sister or best friend plan theirs but planning your own wedding is completely different. A professional wedding planner is the best person to guide you through this intricate process.
2. The stress is getting to you. Planning a wedding is harder than it looks and if you’re already losing sleep over your massive to-do list, hiring a wedding planner can really make the entire process much more manageable and enjoyable for you. You should be excited about your big day, not stressed and tearful.
3. You’re unsure about the costs involved. If you’re in the process of putting a budget together and would like some more guidance on what to expect based on your unique preferences, a wedding planner can be your guide. A professional wedding planner can offer you great insights on industry norms and trends and what you can expect. They can also really help you stick to your budget.
4. You need a push start. A wedding planner can help you get the ball rolling so that you can start making all the important decisions. They’ll help bring your vision together and put you in touch with vendors and suppliers who can help bring your day to life.
5. You’re under the impression that your photographer will help with the planning. Yes, a photographer can give you some guidance on the timing but they definitely won’t be assisting you with any other coordination or wedding planning. Your photographer will be able to tell you what time to start getting ready and how much time they’ll need for family shots but they won’t be able to assist with the clearing of the reception hall for décor shots, bustling your dress before you walk down the aisle or making sure that the men’s boutonnieres are pinned on properly, this is what your wedding planner is for. A wedding planner is there to make sure that your photographer can do his or her job on the day.